Boerewors Stovetop Casserole
If you're looking for a quick boerewors recipe then our easy stovetop casserole is just the thing you need to warm yourself on a chilly winter day. This casserole is easy to make and uses a pack of our award-winning chilli and garlic boerewors.
1 pack K's Wors Chilli and Garlic Boerewors, chopped
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 cup potatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 cup carrots, peeled and sliced
1/4 each red and green bell pepper, deseeded and diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 tin chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon tomato purée
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 teaspoon curry powder
- Fry K's Wors Chilli and Garlic Boerewors sausage for 15 minutes or until browned then set aside. At this stage your sausage is not yet fully cooked so don’t be tempted to nibble.
Using the same pan, add the rosemary, thyme, garlic, onion and bell peppers and cook until succulent.
- Add chopped tomatoes and tomato purée for 2 minutes and the potatoes and carrots and coat well with the tomato sauce.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the sausages, paprika and curry powder and cooked through until the sauce has thickened and the potatoes are tender and cooked through.
- Serve with your favourite side dish. We prefer rice.