Boerewors Stovetop Casserole
If you're looking for a quick boerewors recipe then our easy stovetop casserole is just the thing you need to warm yourself on a chilly winter day. This casserole is easy to make and uses a pack of our award-winning chilli and garlic boerewors.
1 pack K's Wors Chilli and Garlic Boerewors, chopped
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 cup potatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 cup carrots, peeled and sliced
1/4 each red and green bell pepper, deseeded and diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 tin chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon tomato purée
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 teaspoon curry powder
- Fry K's Wors Chilli and Garlic Boerewors sausage for 3 minutes then set aside. Using the same pan, add the rosemary, thyme, garlic, onion and bell peppers and cook until succulent.
- Add chopped tomatoes and tomato purée for 2 minutes and the potatoes and carrots and coat well with the tomato sauce.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the sausages, paprika and curry powder and cooked through until the sauce has thickened and the potatoes are tender and cooked through.
- Serve with your favourite side dish.