Boerewors and Creamy Mashed Potatoes!
Happy Burns Night to all our Scottish customers for yesterday!
To help you celebrate, we're sharing a super easy recipe - boerewors and creamy mashed potatoes!
- 1 pack K's Wors Boerewors - any flavour
- Half green bellpepper
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch (flour)
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
- 30ml milk
- Chop onion, green pepper, carrots into chunks and add to a pan with olive oil and garlic and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Peel and chop potatoes, add to a pot with 1 cup of water and cook till soft.
- Cut the boerewors into medium length pieces and add into the onion and green pepper. Add 1 cup of water and the tomato sauce and let it simmer for 8 minutes.
- Make a slurry by adding 2 teaspoons of water to the cornstarch. Mix and add to the sausage and onion to thicken the mixture.
- Let it simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. Prepare the creamy mash by adding the milk and season to taste and gently stir.
We loved this boerewors twist on a British classic! If you try this recipe, be sure to tag us in your photo so we can see!
Don't forget we currently have our January Sale on.